Frigidaire FGGC3645QS – Frigidaire Gallery 36 inch Gas Cooktop in Stainless Steel
Frigidaire FGGC3645QS - Frigidaire Gallery 36 inch Gas Cooktop in Stainless Steel
- 16 REVIEWS EASY TO INSTALL
- 14 REVIEWS EASY TO CLEAN
- 17 REVIEWS LOOKS GREAT
- 26 REVIEWS COOKTOP
- 5 REVIEWS GOOD QUALITY
- 7 REVIEWS STOVE TOP
- 3 REVIEWS CAST IRON
- 3 REVIEWS HIGHLY RECOMMEND
- 8 REVIEWS GAS COOKTOP
- 4 REVIEWS YEAR OLD
- 4 REVIEWS GREAT VALUE
- 3 REVIEWS HIGH QUALITY
- 8 REVIEWS INSTALL AND IT WORKS
- 5 REVIEWS QUALITY AND EASY
- 5 REVIEWS CENTER BURNER
- 8 REVIEWS WORKS GREAT
- 4 REVIEWS ELECTRIC COOKTOP
- 3 REVIEWS COOKTOP WE REPLACED
- 8 REVIEWS INSTALL LOOKS
5 Elements, 450 – 18,000 BTU
Top Positive Review
I installed the cooktop myself and have used it for about a month. I probably had too high expectations for it and then felt a little bit of disappointment. I had a KitchenAid cooktop but had a lot of stains so I wanted to buy a new one before the holiday. After comparing the new KitchenAid and this one, I like the design and the price of this one and bought the Frigidaire FGGC3645QS. Overall, I still really like it and would certainly recommend it. Here are some of my specific comments:
(1) The stainless is “brushed” (very common), but it seems to be a little bit more difficult to clean than the “polished” stainless I had on the KitchenAid. Also, the KitchenAid seems to be heavier or better materials? Basically, you have to clean the spillover quickly; otherwise, it will be difficult to get rid of the “stains”. If warm water doesn’t work, you need to try to use a stainless cleaner to do the job. Also, the burner caps are even more difficult to get rid of the stains (This may not be a big deal).
(2) The grates are really solid and nice but may be a little too tall from the burner. I found it took a little bit longer time to boil water than the KitchenAid for about the same firepower.
(3) The angle bracket to “fix or attach” the cooktop to the countertop is too wide to fit into the space underneath in the cabinet. I eventually didn’t use it. I think it is probably OK for most people not to use it. If the hole is cut neatly, the cooktop can just sit on top of the countertop firmly and stably.
Top Critical Review
We smelled gas so we had PG&e come out to do an inspection. They found 3 of the 5 valves were faulty and disconnected the unit. Frigidaire’s custumer support was terrible. They sent out two different techs, neither of whom even touched the unit. (One looked at it, said he was going out to his truck for some tools then drove away!)
Customer Questions & Answers
Do the grates scratch easily from the pots? Does the finish wear off?
Answer: So far so good. They are pretty heavy duty.
Can the grates be placed in the dishwasher to clean them?
Fill a shallow pan with a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water.
Fully submerge the grates in the solution. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes.
Pull the grates from the solution and use the scrub brush on them.
can it be installed on 220V?
Answer: No. The ignition runs on 110v. What I did was to get an electrician to split the 220v circuit into two 110 v circuits. This requires changing the breaker.
Next install a 110v outlet to plug in the cooktop. It’s finished.
How many btu for each burner
Center: 18000 BTU
Grates: 3 Continuous Grates
Grate Color: Black Matte
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.